Pages

{leave a comment for any recipe you want shared}

My Grandma's Mac & Cheese

DSC00066
Ingredients:
2 Cups Pasta {Any variety. I like to My favorites are penne or large shells}.
2 TBS Butter
2 TBS Flour
2 Cups Milk {Any variety. Grandma uses 2 percent for a more decadent sauce but I use fat free and still like the results}.
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese {My favorite is Tilamook because of the way it melts into the sauce}.
DSC00047

Directions:
1. Boil your pasta according to box directions.
2. In a separate pot, melt butter.
3. Add the flour and mix to a paste.
4. Add milk and cook until an almost boil. You want your sauce to be thick so continue to stir and watch until it is a thick consistency.
DSC00055
5. Add cheese and let melt into sauce.
DSC00062
6. Drain pasta and transfer to a buttered casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce over pasta.
7. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.
8. If you want to make ahead you can assemble the night before or that morning and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.

Hope you like it as much as my family does!
DSC00066

No comments: